Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 9 posts 90 karma points
    Oct 07, 2021 @ 21:30
    Dan

7.15.5 Unpublished child still accessible through URL

Hi everyone,

I have unpublished a child from a list, however I am still able to access it from the front through the parent/child URL.

The piece of content is referenced elsewhere in the site and those have been successfully redirected to a 404 page.

The easiest solution I see is to just simply delete the item, but would prefer it to just sit unpublished.

Just a note, this was originally done by a content editor in our staging environment - and couriered across to our live site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update: I have since deleted the child, it is now in the recycling bin with the status deleted. Still accessible from the front-end. Is there some form of caching that I might not be aware of? Cheers

Cheers, Dan

• Thomas Kassos 54 posts 265 karma points
    Oct 07, 2021 @ 22:09
    Thomas Kassos

Hi not sure if that will help, but try to refresh - rebuild the indexers from the developer section.

• Dan 9 posts 90 karma points
    Oct 07, 2021 @ 22:50
    Dan

Thanks Thomas, will give that a go when the content editors aren't using the site so much.

If it helps, I also ran the site locally but pointing to our staging database and the URL in question returned a 410.

Cheers, Dan

• Thomas Kassos 54 posts 265 karma points
    Oct 07, 2021 @ 23:11
    Thomas Kassos

Hi, I think you should rebuild them in the production site, probably a time with low traffic.

And if I am not mistaken you need to do that in the production because the Indexers are files located in the app_data

Maybe the indexers are irrelevant with the issue but I just remembered that... In U7 you can republish the entire site if you right click on "content"
    enter image description here

And that says that it will refresh the cache enter image description here

Hope that helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft