Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Simonsen 5 posts 96 karma points
    Oct 14, 2021 @ 12:56
    Martin Simonsen

Content Tree missing "Create an item under Content"

Hi :)

I have created a new Content type, which I wish to use in my Content Tree. For the Content Tree in my local developer enviroment, I am unable to add any new Content types, despite them being allowed as root: enter image description here

On my Test enviroment, I am able to add the Content Types which are allowed as root:

enter image description here

Any suggestion on which configuration or setting that I am missing, to be able to add to (Create an item under) Content? Umbraco Version: Umbraco V8.11.1

• Joris Peters 5 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 17, 2021 @ 17:02
    Joris Peters

Hi Martin Simonsen,

Are you sure the new document types were saved successfully? Also can you verify that your Umbraco user is allowed to create nodes? Your Umbraco user may need to be assigned a user group like Administrators or Editors or Writers in order to create nodes.

Oct 18, 2021 @ 06:16
    Martin Simonsen

Hi Joris :)

I think the new document types are saved successfully. And even if they were not, I am still missing the option to add all the older document types, despite them being allowed as root. So Im thinking that something is causing me to not have the create node under content, such that document types can be included as nodes.

Regarding my account, I am assigned all the roles:

The problem is not specific to my account, as every user has the same problem.

Oct 18, 2021 @ 11:39
    Martin Simonsen

I have debugged some of the Umbraco code that creates the menu under Content, and found the following: In my development environment the code extracts the following menu items:

But when i debug the same on my test environment, where it works as expected, i get the following menu items:

Both have the following treenodeurl:

treeMenuUrl = "/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetMenu?id=-1&application=content&tree=&use=main&culture="

The only "major" difference I found between the admin role on my dev and test site, are their Content start node. Where on our developer environment it has our Archive as Content Start node, and on our Test environment, it has Content root as the Content start node:

Dev:

And Test:

I have attempted to reselect the Content Root as the start node, but have been unable to do so, something similar to: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/89494-umbraco-776-when-you-select-a-content-start-node-for-a-user-group-permission-you-are-unable-to-re-select-root-node

Oct 21, 2021 @ 06:23
    Martin Simonsen

I found the solution!

As I mentioned in this reply, the content start node for the administrator role on our developer site, did not have Content Root as its start node, and re-picking the content root did not work on dev (but I were able to re-pick it on our test site, if i changed it on there). With SSMS, i saw that the content start node was NULL, and so I changed it to -1, corresponding to Content Root.

When the Content Root again was assigned as the content start node, I was able to see newly created content nodes, and I were able to create more content nodes through Umbraco.

• Punit Sharma 27 posts 96 karma points
    Dec 24, 2023 @ 06:37
    Punit Sharma

On which table you changed 1 to -1. Please share table name and more details. I am also facing same issue in 8.1.2 Umbraco from 7.15.10

Oct 19, 2021 @ 13:41
    Martin Simonsen

I have also attempted to create the content node programmatically, with the following code:

var content = Umbraco.ContentAtRoot().ToList();
            var tags = Current.Services.ContentService.Create("ArchiveTest", -1, "archive");
            Current.Services.ContentService.SaveAndPublish(tags);

In this example i retrieve the content nodes at root, where I in the beginning saw only the 4 content types as above (Arkiv, Virksomheder, Forfattere, Forside) in the picture.

After I have attempted to add my newly created document type at root level with the code, and i now see that it is added as content at root. However, it still does not show up in the Content Menu in Umbraco.

To test whether my document type is invalid, i tried to add another archive type, as in the code example. "Arkiv" in the picture above is of the same time, and should therefore work. But adding another archive programmatically does not become visible on Umbraco either, but again, becomes visible as content at root when debugging with Umbraco.ContentAtRoot()

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft