Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Oct 14, 2021 @ 17:21
    Gordon Saxby

Login fails after upgrade from 7.15.6. to 7.15.7

The update is only a small one (or so it seems) so I though it would be easy!

I updated by updating the Nuget package in Visual Studio. The project compiles but when I try to log on to the CMS or run the website, I get the "AuthorizeUpgrade" process.

However, I cannot log on and get the following in the browser dev panel:

POST https://mysite.local/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 500

I know the user name & password and the DB is OK because I backed out the changes and I could login again.

I feel like I've had this problem before after doing an upgrade, but can't remember what I did to fix it!

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Oct 15, 2021 @ 11:28
    Gordon Saxby

Found this message buried in the browser Developer panel, does it mean anything to anyone?

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"And endpoint for the realm \"default\" has not yet been configured. Please call ConfigureEndpoint first.","ExceptionType":"System.Exception","StackTrace":"   at Our.Umbraco.AuthU.OAuth.GetContext(String realm) in C:\\projects\\umbraco-authu\\src\\Our.Umbraco.AuthU\\OAuth.cs:line 24\r\n   at Our.Umbraco.AuthU.Web.WebApi.OAuthAttribute..ctor(String realm) in C:\\projects\\umbraco-authu\\src\\Our.Umbraco.AuthU\\Web\\WebApi\\OAuthAttribute.cs:line 24\r\n   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateCaInstance(RuntimeType type, IRuntimeMethodInfo ctor)\r\n   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)\r\n   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeType type, RuntimeType caType, Boolean inherit)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor.InvokeAttributesOnControllerType(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, Type type)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpControllerDescriptor..ctor(HttpConfiguration configuration, String controllerName, Type controllerType)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.InitializeControllerInfoCache()\r\n   at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()\r\n   at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.GetControllerMapping()\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.NamespaceHttpControllerSelector.SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()"}

Oct 15, 2021 @ 12:15
    Gordon Saxby

Is there a way to bypass the "AuthorizeUpgrade" process?

Oct 15, 2021 @ 13:06
    Gordon Saxby

Everything I have tried has not helped. I cannot see any significant differences between the 7.15.6 and 7.15.7 installations.

I surrender - I've restored to 7.15.6 :-(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft