Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Troy Nelson 3 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 26, 2021 @ 02:16
    Troy Nelson

Can I migrate our DB to Azure SQL Database for Umbraco verison 7.5.8

Hi, We have umbraco app on 2 Windows servers in Azure (IaaS). DB is currently on an Azure VM also SQL 2014. Can we migrate DB to Azure SQL Database. I could not find any official documentation for this for version 7.

thanks,

Troy.

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Oct 27, 2021 @ 00:23
    Yakov Lebski

This is not depend on Umbraco, you need export db as bacpac file and inport in azure

Oct 27, 2021 @ 01:01
    Troy Nelson

Thanks. I have no problems with doing the migration. I have migrated many DBs in the past to Azure SQL database.

What I need to know - does Umbraco officially support Azure SQL database as a location for a version 7.5.8 database?

Some application providers dont support their apps in Azure SQL DB so just want the go ahead that there wont be any issues, or if we do have issues that they can be supported,

thanks,

Troy.

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Oct 27, 2021 @ 23:24
    Yakov Lebski

I used a lot of umbraco 7 on azure, 7.5.8 is pretty old version - I belive it should work

• Jörg Seibert 10 posts 61 karma points
    Oct 27, 2021 @ 11:15
    Jörg Seibert

Yes, this works. We have such set up in production (Umbraco 8 and 9). Pricing Tier Standard S2 works nice for us

I guess, this shouldn't be an issue for Umbraco 7. You need to check what best fits for you, a lot of times you do not need that much DB size, but most CMS are doing many requests, which are limited in lower pricing tiers.

You're mileage might vary.

Oct 28, 2021 @ 22:17
    Troy Nelson

thanks very much for your help and advice!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft