Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roy Berris 89 posts 576 karma points c-trib
    Oct 28, 2021 @ 14:18
    Roy Berris

Get reference to the light inject service container

We can access the light inject service container from a Composition. But we can only access that during start-up.

I have a taskrunner which runs in the background. This will execute a ISyncService.StartSync() every hour. Problem is that I want to manage my own scope with the lightinject container.

If I have the container we can do:

using (var scope = _container.BeginScope())
    {
        var umbracoContextFactory = scope.GetInstance<IUmbracoContextFactory>();
        var syncService= scope.GetInstance<ISyncService>();

using (umbracoContextFactory.EnsureUmbracoContext())
        {
            await syncService.StartSync();
        }
    }

But ofcourse I can't get a reference to the lightinject container. When injecting the services from the component, which starts the task runner. I get one instance, but it's important that I create new instances on each run. And when the run is done, the dependencies get disposed properly because we are working with a DbContext from EF.

Does anyone know how to get a reference to the light inject service container at runtime. Or how I can get these dependencies another way, which will get disposed properly.

• Roy Berris 89 posts 576 karma points c-trib
    Oct 28, 2021 @ 15:07
    Roy Berris

After some more research I found out how to get the container.

I can do Current.Factory.Concrete as LightInject.ServiceContainer. But this is useless because when I try to BeginScope() I'll get an exception that it is not started in a web context.

Why does it require a web context?

• Arjan H. 221 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Dec 07, 2021 @ 16:07
    Arjan H.

Hi Roy, did you manage to resolve this issue? I'm also trying to inject a custom service that uses DbContext (EF) into a background task component. But I'm getting the following boot failed error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Attempt to create a scoped instance without a current scope.

• Alexandru Rustin 7 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 07, 2022 @ 16:06
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft