Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kelly 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 03, 2021 @ 18:15
    Kelly

Umbraco 8 - Scripting or bypassing the back office import from uSync VIA Azure

When I deploy to Umbraco via Azure Pipeline, I am having to go in and still use the import button on the back office in order for the content to actually get committed (Using that term loosely) is by logging into the back office of Umbraco and clicking the import button. The content is being deployed via the Azure Repo from the pipeline but I am looking to automate or remove the process of going to Umbraco back office and click the import button. We have had a lot of issues doing so, so I am trying to find a formidable methodology that always me to by pass it. I am using the uSync piece from Umbraco Free but I want to avoid having to click the import button and pause my deployment to do so. If this can also be integrated into an Azure Pipeline via step or script that works too.

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 03, 2021 @ 21:06
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

you have a couple of options that can make uSync automatically import any changes.

Run at startup

If you set "ImportAtStartup" to true in the uSync8.config file, then uSync will run an import as your umbraco site starts up, so after a deployment it will import any changes from disk.

<ImportAtStartup>True</ImportAtStartup>

Triggers

you can use the uSync triggers package - to trigger an import via a web request. you could add a trigger command as part of any deployment scripts,

so for example once your site is running - you can trigger an import like so.

uSyncTrigger import https://mysite.azurewebsites.net/umbraco -u user -p password 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft