Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2021 @ 12:48
    iNETZO

New default Media Types in existing Umbraco setup

Hi,

I've updated an Umbraco 8.10 project to Umbraco 8.17 and was hoping that the new default Media Types, added in Umbraco 8.14 would be added during upgrade. But apparently that doesn't happen (automatically).

How can I still add the New default Media Types (without creating them myself)?

Best regards,

iNETZO

• Corné Hoskam 80 posts 587 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 09, 2021 @ 13:14
    Corné Hoskam

Hi iNETZO,

Sadly, to my knowledge, there is no easy way of doing this with a 'vanilla' Umbraco installation. Umbraco does not automatically migrate these Media Types on an upgrade, nor is it possible to create a package of Media Types to export & import from and onto different environments (e.g. from a fresh 8.14+ install) within a clean Umbraco installation.

There are three alternative options I see possible:

-Use uSync to export the MediaTypes from a clean 8.14+ installation, and import the uSync files on your upgraded installation (Which is the option I would recommend).

-Manually export and import the media types on a Database level from a clean 8.14+ installation.

-Manually create the new Media Types that you need.

Hope this helped!

Kind regards,

Corné

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Nov 09, 2021 @ 13:21
    iNETZO

Hi Corné,

I was also thinking about using uSync but I thought maybe there is also an official way to add the media types.

Thanks for your quick response!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft