Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Israel 6 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 18, 2021 @ 03:23
    Israel

Dashboard Only Has 3 Items ( Content , Media , Formulate )

I just got my website from my previous marketing agency. When they turned it over, I got an email and password to log in. And when I log in I can see 3 items in the dashboard which are "content', "media", and "formulate".

My problem is that I don't know how to edit my website's design, layout, fix missing links, etc, given the options I have.

I already tried, but there is not much I can do to customize my website.

• Ibrahim Nada 16 posts 142 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2021 @ 05:35
    Ibrahim Nada

Can you please tell us if the account you are logging in into umbraco back office is an Administrator account ?

if not , they (the ones who made the account for you)should give you the permissions for all sections.

if you are an actual administrator give your self the permissions you need

Nov 18, 2021 @ 19:29
    Israel

Thanks Ibrahim. That does makes sense. So I probably don't have admin rights by the looks of it. I'll request for admin and hopefully get what I need from there.

• Marc Goodson 2138 posts 14321 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 18, 2021 @ 08:59
    Marc Goodson

Hi Israel

Your login User, will have been given permissions over which sections it is allowed to access.

If you request access to the 'Settings' section, then you will see all the templates and partial views used to implement the site.

If nobody can grant you this permission, and you have access to the database, then you can insert your user id into a User group that does (umbracoUser2UserGroup)...

regards

Marc

Nov 18, 2021 @ 19:35
    Israel

Exactly, I was looking for that "settings" section. As I was watching tutorials on using umbraco on youtube, I noticed that I don't have any of the items they have on their dashboard so I couldn't follow along. I went ahead and asked permission for that item. Thanks Marc!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft