Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mårten 1 post 71 karma points
    1 week ago
    MÃ¥rten
    0

    Request with HEAD or OPTION verb result in ModelBindingException

    We run an Umbraco v8 at Umbraco Cloud environment and awhile ago we noticed a lot (like 200+ each day) of errors in the log all looking like this:

    Umbraco.Web.Mvc.ModelBindingException: Cannot bind source type Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentModel to model type [some of our page models]

    We use model builder and has (of course) seen this error before when we mix different models in partial views, views and masterpage. However they all result in an YPOD/500-error on every request, but we where never able to replicate this, the site seems to be working just fine and we had no user report of this error either.

    After further investigation we discovered that all error-request where HEAD (or OPTION) request presumably from different bots like search crawlers or uptime status tools.

    Now we where able to reliably replicate the error (on all environments even our local dev machines) but still has not been able to identify the root cause. The models all works with GET or POST request but HEAD and OPTION fail miserable.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft