Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kyle 49 posts 240 karma points
    Nov 24, 2021 @ 09:52
    kyle

How to make my umbraco site responsive

Hi all,

I'm new to Umbraco and I think I have got the hang of everything so far. I just don't know how I would make my site device responsive?

Do I use a built-in Umbraco feature? Or is it just plain old CSS media queries that I have to use? Surely there is a more efficient and less time-consuming way of making the site responsive...??

Thank you in advance!

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 432 posts 1691 karma points
    Nov 24, 2021 @ 10:27
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Kyle,

With Umbraco you are in complete control of the frontend HTML and CSS. This is one of the main reasons why people choose Umbraco over other CMS systems,

You are therefore responsible for creating your own media queries.

You can test your website responsiveness via the preview feature within the Umbraco CMS when saving a page.

Cheers,

Marc

Nov 24, 2021 @ 12:18
    kyle

Thank you so much! I already marked this as solved and only after I realized I have another question.....

How come my CCS styles don't get applied to the content inside of a rich text editor?

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 432 posts 1691 karma points
    Nov 24, 2021 @ 14:41
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Kyle,

If you want to add selectors to your RTE to make it easy for editors to pick a style you need to create a stylesheet that is specifically for the RTE.

Go to Settings (Section) > Stylesheets (Folder) and add a new stylesheet.

You can then add new selectors and their corresponding styles.

enter image description here

You will then need to assign this stylesheet to your RTE datatype so that your editors can then see the options.

enter image description here

When text within your RTE is highlighted and then a style is applied via the selector it will add the corresponding tag or class to your selection. The actual CSS within your RTE stylesheet does not need to have the same CSS as you would use for the website styling. You can use this to have a specific style that works inside the RTE. You can then link to a different stylesheet for the frontend of your site that contains the same class names or tags so that the styling applied is relevant for your frontend.

Cheers,

Marc

Nov 24, 2021 @ 15:47
    kyle

Thanks a million Marc! Really appreciate it, have a good one and happy coding!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft