Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikkel Hansen 10 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 01, 2021 @ 11:26
    Mikkel Hansen

Mediaprotect configuration error when accessing unprotected image

Hi.

Using Umbraco 8.17.0 and Media protect 2.8.4 on Umbraco Cloud.

We're getting a Mediaprotect configuration error when trying to access a PNG image from the media archive where the relative URL is formatted like this: /media/jx2lctjw/logo.png?quality=100.

The image is not protected and works just fine when accessing it without the query string.

The error only seems to trigger on this image when quality is set to 100 and is the first parameter in the query string.

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Dec 01, 2021 @ 13:37
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Mikkel,

I Think the error is related to licensing do you see a license error in the backoffice?

Best,

Richard

Dec 01, 2021 @ 13:59
    Mikkel Hansen

Hi Richard.

There's no indication of a license error in the backoffice, as far as I can tell.

Dec 01, 2021 @ 14:10
    Richard Soeteman

I just did a check and worked over here. What you could check is the Umbraco log file to see if there is an error logged there. It could be that the configuration error is displayed because the exception was thrown

Dec 02, 2021 @ 08:03
    Mikkel Hansen

I have tried invoking the error in different browsers on multiple machines. But no related errors are getting logged in the log overview.

Dec 02, 2021 @ 08:05
    Richard Soeteman

Weird, Mediaprotect only looks at this part of the url /media/jx2lctjw/ and will ignore the rest. Have you tried re-index mediaprotect items already?

Dec 02, 2021 @ 08:19
    Mikkel Hansen

Yeah, I tried re-indexing the mediaprotect items yesterday.

Jan 05, 2022 @ 10:10
    Mikkel Hansen

Hi Richard.

We have another case of a PNG image suddenly giving the Media Protect configuration error on the same solution. But this time, the error is triggered when no query string parameters are specified.

Jan 05, 2022 @ 10:12
    Richard Soeteman

Is the Umbraco user logged in maybe? Then it';s possible that you have access. Tried anothher browser in private mode?

Jan 05, 2022 @ 11:02
    Mikkel Hansen

So I have just tried accessing the image in Edge, Firefox, and Chrome in private mode. But they are all are giving the same error.

I have also tried accessing the image while logged in as a Umbraco user and a member via a custom login. But it still results in the same error.

Jan 05, 2022 @ 11:54
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Mikkel,

I am really curious what domain this is? Maybe you can send it to [email protected]? I've just checked a few other customers site on cloud that don't have this issue with the same parameters appended to the image.

Best,

Richard

• Kieron McIntyre 5 posts 27 karma points
    Dec 08, 2022 @ 13:42
    Kieron McIntyre

@Richard, did you have find a solution for this?

We have a very similar issue where accessing any unprotected SVG saved as a File throws the "MediaProtect Error validating" error but provides no other information. There are no other log events.

In actual fact, accessing any media saved as a File seems to throw the same error.

We have a valid license for this project and it is stored at the correct place.

I though maybe it might be other middleware but it's difficult to where the MediaProtect library is falling over because the exception itself isn't output in the logs.

• Kieron McIntyre 5 posts 27 karma points
    Dec 08, 2022 @ 15:30
    Kieron McIntyre

Replying to myself for reference ...

We discovered that the issue (in our case) was the that the v10 CMS cache was probably out of date/corrupt. We ran the 3 options rebuilding the database cache, reloading the memory cache and then refreshing the published content cache and the error went away.

Dec 12, 2022 @ 13:27
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. Isn't the Url that got accessed being logged as well, according to source that should happen?

Best,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft