Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kare27 9 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 22, 2021 @ 07:00
    kare27

Want to update the log4net version from 1.2.11.0 to 2.0.13.0 for umbraco version 7.3.8

Hi Team,

We want to update the log4net version( from 1.2.11.0 to 2.0.13.0) in our project. I have updated the reference through nuget for all other .CS projects. however for one of our UI project umbraco.dll being used which internally uses the old version of log4net i.e 1.2.11.0. becase of this we are getting assembly not found expection.

Can someone guide us how to update the umbraco dll with log4net 2.0.13.0 pls?

• RyanW 33 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 06, 2022 @ 10:41
    RyanW

Hi Kare, I don't know if you have managed to solve this issue, but to me, it sounds like you're going to need to do the following:

Download the source code for Umbraco 7.3.8. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/releases/tag/release-7.3.8

Update the references within the Source Code, build and recompile then copy over the updated Umbraco.dll (possibly more dlls as well) to your project.

This should allow to customise your installation of Umbraco whilst still maintaining the version you have. We use 7.3.8 for a lot of our projects also. Using this exact same method we've implemented fixes for later versions of umbraco in some of them.

• kare27 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 11, 2022 @ 17:13
    kare27

Hi RyanW,

Thank you for the response. We are already using Umbraco 7.3.8 and we wanted to update log4net dll version to 2.0.

However if we we try to update the same then we are getting dll conflicts as Umbraco internally referred the log4net 1.2.11.0

So let us know how we can update the version of log4net or do we need to update the Umbraco version?

• RyanW 33 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 12, 2022 @ 10:01
    RyanW

Umbraco is open source so my suggestion was to download the source code for 7.3.8, update the internal references to log4net, then copy over the updated DLLs (the ones that that were originally conflicting) to your project.

It should be possible; haven't done this specifically myself mind you but definitely something worth exploring as it'll likely be easier than an Umbraco upgrade.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft