Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lorenzo 6 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 22, 2021 @ 11:30
    Lorenzo

Umbraco 9 - Hide/Remove Grid Editors from Grid Layout

Hello guys,

How can I hide or remove the "Headline" widget (or other editors) from the Grid Layout? I know that in Umbraco 8 I can do that from /config/grid.editors.config.js, but what about Umbraco v.9?

Thanks, Lorenzo

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2021 @ 12:46
    Gerty Engrie

You can edit the visible options for the grid in your datatype if you select the row configuration.

If you are using dtge, see this : https://github.com/skttl/umbraco-doc-type-grid-editor/blob/dev-v9/docs/developers-guide-v2.md

Hope this helps you

Gerty

Jan 11, 2022 @ 14:10
    Lorenzo

Thanks Gerty,

Actually, there are no visible options for the datatype in the configuration about the blocks available in the grid.

I am using the native Grid Layout, no external packages.

Should I change/comment something in the code? Maybe a specific configuration file that contains Embed, Headline, Image, Quote, and RTE?

Thanks.

Lorenzo

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Jan 11, 2022 @ 14:38
    Gerty Engrie

HI Lorenzo, they should be there by default.

More info on that subject in the Umbraco Docs. It's the very last sentence in that page you need "To override this behavior, uncheck the allow all editors option and you can specify which editors will be available for the row." If you uncheck that you should be able to allow just the ones you need.

Jan 11, 2022 @ 14:44
    Lorenzo

Thank you very much. I did not click on the cell and I did not notice the options.

Lorenzo

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft