Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ifrahim Rasool 28 posts 84 karma points
    Dec 22, 2021 @ 11:34
    Ifrahim Rasool

Unable to resolve type: Umbraco.Core.Services.ServiceContext, service name: (Umbraco 8 with UCommerce 8)

Hi,

I upgraded Umbraco 7 (with uCommerce7 installed) to Umbraco v8 successfully.

After I upgraded uCommerce to v8 (removed UCommerce.Umbraco7 and installed UCommerce.Umbraco8), I started getting a weird runtime error. Unable to resolve type: Umbraco.Core.Services.ServiceContext, service name:.

I checked all dependencies, even commented out all custom services but still stuck on this error.

Spent days on investigating this but no luck. Can anybody help please?

My installed versions are:

• Umbraco 8.16.0

• uCommerce 8.4.1.19353
      • uCommer.Umbraco8 8.4.1.19353

Server Error in '/' Application. Unable to resolve type: Umbraco.Core.Services.ServiceContext, service name: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to resolve type: Umbraco.Core.Services.ServiceContext, service name:

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Unable to resolve type: Umbraco.Core.Services.ServiceContext, service name: ]
         LightInject.ServiceContainer.CreateDelegate(Type serviceType, String serviceName, Boolean throwError) in C:\projects\lightinject\src\LightInject\LightInject.cs:4754
         LightInject.ServiceContainer.CreateDefaultDelegate(Type serviceType, Boolean throwError) in C:\projects\lightinject\src\LightInject\LightInject.cs:4705
         LightInject.ServiceContainer.GetInstance(Type serviceType) in C:\projects\lightinject\src\LightInject\LightInject.cs:3437
         Umbraco.Core.FactoryExtensions.GetInstance(IFactory factory) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\FactoryExtensions.cs:23
         Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.FilterAllowedOutgoingContentAttribute..ctor(Type outgoingType) in D:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Web\WebApi\Filters\FilterAllowedOutgoingContentAttribute.cs:28
         System.Reflection.CustomAttribute._CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule pModule, IRuntimeMethodInfo pCtor, Byte** ppBlob, Byte* pEndBlob, Int32* pcNamedArgs) +0
         System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule module, IRuntimeMethodInfo ctor, IntPtr& blob, IntPtr blobEnd, Int32& namedArgs) +49
         System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent) +874
         System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeMethodInfo method, RuntimeType caType, Boolean inherit) +177
         System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.InitializeProperties(MethodInfo methodInfo) +158
         System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor..ctor(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor, MethodInfo methodInfo) +46
         System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionSelectorCacheItem..ctor(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor) +265
         System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionSelector.GetInternalSelector(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor) +58
         System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionSelector.GetActionMapping(HttpControllerDescriptor controllerDescriptor) +15
         System.Web.Http.Routing.AttributeRoutingMapper.AddRouteEntries(SubRouteCollection collector, HttpConfiguration configuration, IInlineConstraintResolver constraintResolver, IDirectRouteProvider directRouteProvider) +236
         System.Web.Http.Routing.<>c__DisplayClass1_1.<MapAttributeRoutes>b__1() +75
         System.Web.Http.Routing.RouteCollectionRoute.EnsureInitialized(Func`1 initializer) +66
         System.Web.Http.Routing.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<MapAttributeRoutes>b__0(HttpConfiguration config) +125
         UCommerce.Web.UI.InitializeAppsModule.InitializeWebAPI() +134
         System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +584
         System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +168
         System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +277
         System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +369

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to resolve type: Umbraco.Core.Services.ServiceContext, service name: ]
         System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +532
         System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +111
         System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4330.0

• Johan Dahlström 33 posts 146 karma points
    Jan 24, 2022 @ 09:50
    Johan Dahlström

This occurred for me when I had a faulty connection string. For some reason the regular connection string error didn't show - I guess it has something to do with the uCommerce integration?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft