Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ilyas Balgabekov 21 posts 132 karma points
    Dec 22, 2021 @ 12:18
    Ilyas Balgabekov

How to add WebP support to Umbraco 9

Hello, I can't preview my images when I load images in webp format. In 8th version, I used this article

enter image description here

• Patrick de Mooij 72 posts 622 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 22, 2021 @ 12:55
    Patrick de Mooij

This is most likely because ImageSharp (ImageProcessor for .Net Core & Umbraco 9) doesn't support WebP yet.

They are currently hard at work on implementing it and will be included in their next release. You can see the progress for the next release here: https://github.com/SixLabors/ImageSharp/milestone/8

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Feb 15, 2022 @ 19:49
    Kieron McIntyre

This has now been released as part of ImageSharp v2 but upgradingto this version doesn't work for me. I get the following errors when requesting an image with a resize, format, crop et al querystring:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1<SixLabors.ImageSharp.Formats.IImageFormat> SixLabors.ImageSharp.Image.DetectFormatAsync(SixLabors.ImageSharp.Configuration, System.IO.Stream)'.

I'm assuming that this is because ImageSharp.Web is trying to dynamically call DetectFormatAsync() from ImageSharp and it cannot find it but it is present.

Anybody any ideas?

• Simon Yohannes 58 posts 188 karma points
    Feb 21, 2022 @ 22:44
    Simon Yohannes

i've got the same issue, please share solution if you get one!

• Maarten Mensink 6 posts 78 karma points
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 09:38
    Maarten Mensink

You cant just straight upgrade to ImageSharp v2. The are breaking changes in the api.

You need to wait until the core has been update to support v2. Currently a community PR is in the making.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/11991

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft