Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• BEWD 90 posts 302 karma points
    Dec 28, 2021 @ 15:00
    BEWD

Multi Site not allowing login and No Factory set error

Hi

I have been setting up a multi site Umbraco instance in Umbraco 8.17.1 and on my local machine it all works fine. Its using a SQLCE database and although its 4 sites they are 4 sites with no more than about 4 pages each.

However, when I deploy it to a windows 2016 server it always provides certain errors. One of which when I log into Umbraco it almost instantly logs me back out again. Also when I visit one of the other domains (for now just a subdomain) I get a server error:

enter image description here

The current setup In Umbraco is

MainDomain.com

Sub1.MainDomain.com

Sub2.MainDomain.com

Sub3.MainDomain.com

Eventually the plan is to have all full domains pointing to each relevant node like

MainDomain1.com

MainDomain2.com

MainDomain3.com

MainDomain4.com

In IIS 1 have one AppPool for all domains and each subdomain is pointing to the http: folder of MainDomain.com.

I have made no web.config changes as despite some of the documentation I am unsure exactly what I would need to do.

Does anyone have any experience in setting this sort of site up that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Ben

Jan 04, 2022 @ 13:09
    BEWD

I have now managed to sort the No Factory set error message but cannot stop Umbraco automatically logging me out, sometimes it is instantly after logging in, other times its when changing nodes. This only happens on the server.

Its running on a windows server with IIS 10 and a Plesk control panel.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks

Ben

• RyanW 33 posts 148 karma points
    Jan 06, 2022 @ 16:38
    RyanW

I've only ever had it log me out changing nodes before when within UmbracoSettings.config keepUserLoggedIn is set to false. Doubtful if it happens instantly, but worth a shot setting this to true to see if it prevents automatic logging out.

The anti-forgery token error message is interesting though i've seen this in context of logging in. Do you have any forms on your sites that might be utilising this?

Jan 04, 2022 @ 16:32
    BEWD

I can see the Tracelog says the following

Could not validate XSRF Token","@l":"Error","@x":"System.Web.Mvc.HttpAntiForgeryException (0x80004005): The anti-forgery token could not be decrypted. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that all machines are running the same version of ASP.NET Web Pages and that the

The site was moved from local machine to server via FTP, is this part of the problem?

Ben

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft