Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Skennerton 16 posts 168 karma points notactivated
    Jan 07, 2022 @ 15:39
    Alex Skennerton

Adding new user MailKit error

I was wondering if anyone has come across the below errors when trying to add a new user:

Method not found: 'Void MailKit.MailTransport.Send(MimeKit.MimeMessage, System.Threading.CancellationToken, MailKit.ITransferProgress)'.

System.MissingMethodException, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e: Method not found: 'Void MailKit.MailTransport.Send(MimeKit.MimeMessage, System.Threading.CancellationToken, MailKit.ITransferProgress)'.

The nature of the error makes me think it's something to do with the SMTP settings but these haven't changed.

*Note - I am also having difficulties with a custom contact form that also uses the SMTP / email settings.

Is this an error on the Umbraco side or is it a problem with the email server side of things as I expect it is? If it is the email server can anyone give a steer on the problem so I can "explain again" the issue more fully to my colleagues who will have to fix it?

• Alex Skennerton 16 posts 168 karma points notactivated
    Jan 10, 2022 @ 14:34
    Alex Skennerton

For anyone else with this issue, I finally got to the bottom of it, I had "MailKit" installed on top of Umbraco 9.2. It was causing a conflict between the two email services. My fix was to uninstall MailKit and it all started working again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft