Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rotem Orbach 121 posts 607 karma points
    Jan 09, 2022 @ 20:32
    Rotem Orbach

Refused to execute script because its MIME type ('text/css') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

Hello, This is the first time I’ve come across this… After logging-in, Umbraco loads empty and the image below is displayed in the Chrome dev tools. ( Umbraco version 7.1xx )

This is our main Production website. Without a working Umbraco the site is not only useless but also can not sell our products or support existing customers.

I have 4 years experience with Umbraco and I’ve never come across this, any help is appreciated !!!

Thanks!

enter image description here

The page does have code in it though…

enter image description here

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jan 09, 2022 @ 21:09
    Mark Drake

Has something changed with your host? Also what is the response code in the network tab?

DependencyHandler.axd is being treated as text - so your JavaScript code won't execute. We have to find out why this file is being returned as text/css. Possibly because of a server error. If you have the network tab open when loading the site, you should be able to read the response and learn more.

That's about as much light as I can shine on this topic from my own experience. If you learn more please post it here for others to try and help!

Jan 10, 2022 @ 08:32
    Rotem Orbach

Hi, I rebooted my server a few times, hoping that would fix it.

Can I set the content type for "axd" in my server (IIS) to return a specific type of response? for example "text/javascript"?

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jan 10, 2022 @ 21:49
    Mark Drake

If memory serves me right, the dependency handler could be used for both CSS and JS. So the server itself needs to set that response header.

I suspect there's more information about what's happening if you look at the network tab. The screenshot I'm pasting is just one example from a public Umbraco site I could access.

• Open the dev tools and go to the Network tab.
    • Reload the backoffice.
    • Find the "DependencyHandler.axd" file and select it.
    • Look at the Preview or Response tab to see what you got back. I suspect it's an HTML document with an error message?

screenshot

That's the limit to my knowledge. Hopefully you are receiving some error message that we can do more with. I shared your post on Twitter also.

Jan 24, 2022 @ 17:07
    Rotem Orbach

Update!

After further digging much deeper (and a lot of time), it seems that the root problem is using a CDN!!! Who could have thought!?

CloudFront in my case.

Disabling my CloudFront CDN makes Ubraco work normally!

Maybe this would help someone in the future.

Any ideas on how to make Umbraco work with a CloudFront CDN ?

I googled this specific issue but didn't find much...

Many thanks :)

• Dennis 75 posts 397 karma points MVP
    Jan 26, 2022 @ 15:12
    Dennis

Hi there!

Possibly you need to configure your CDN to cache urls with query strings separately. The path for the dependency handler is the same if I remember correctly, but the query string is different. If your CDN is configured to ignore query strings, it may be serving one specific file for all your dependencies (a css file in this instance)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft