Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Glenn Holloway 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 10, 2022 @ 16:46
    Glenn Holloway

On version 7.4.3

Hi Folks, my marketing person took a new opportunity elsewhere and I have no idea what I'm doing in the interim and have no experience in website building.

We have a template set up of "Our Team" which essentially is a tree diagram based on job title groupings. Several employees have received promotions into a new higher group/branch of the tree and I can't seem to move them upwards, only realign within their current group. Suggestions?

Example below: I would like to move Employee C from Group 2 into established Group 1. I can Open/Edit their profile but that does not change the grouping. Each group has the same standard template so it is only a matter of positioning/group assignment.

Group 1: Employee A Employee B

Group 2: Employee C Employee D

Thanks for your help

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jan 10, 2022 @ 21:59
    Mark Drake

Hopefully your marketing person didn't up and leave without giving you full access / control of the Umbraco Backoffice? Do you know if you have access to the source code?

I don't know that we can help you without a tremendous effort of collecting screenshots, or recordings, and source code. I'd be happy to do a screen share with you to try and walk you through making the necessary edits if they are simple.

This is me: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markadrake/

And me again: https://twitter.com/themarkdrake/

Message me on either platform and we'll find some time to walk through the screens.

Best of luck!

• Glenn Holloway 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 13, 2022 @ 16:58
    Glenn Holloway

Thanks Mark, appreciate the assist! Extremely helpful.

Will definitely consult for additional issues.

Best,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft