Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mauzilla 19 posts 90 karma points
    Jan 17, 2022 @ 11:45
    mauzilla

Copy node into new language

I have taken over an existing site with limited experience in Umbraco. The site currently has 4 languages setup. I need to add an additional language. The process required is to add the language and then copy the global / english node into the new language so that the editor has a full version / copy of the english site which they can then modify accordingly.

In my sandbox I have added the language under languages, and have referenced the english language as my base. I can now see the new language under content, and when I select the language, in my content tree I see "Full site - en" and website configuration but they seem to be "greyed out" / light opacity, indicating to me that they are indeed not a node by themselves but is referenced by the english language.

This is where I am losing the plot. I have tried to right click and copy "full site - en" - I then select both site and website configuration and when I click "copy" I am returned the following:

Failed to copy content The current node is not allowed under the chosen node because of its type

Worth noting that the copy command does not ask where you want it copied to. I am thus not exactly sure how I can make a "copy" of the english to the appropriate new language so that it can become editable.

Worth noting that I did add the language under culture and hostnames and have added a new host /afr and assigned it to the appropriate language.

What is my next steps?

Jan 17, 2022 @ 12:27
    mauzilla

As Murphy would have it, I was able to get this working by publishing the language :-) This in return created the content / node structure as expected, replicating the EN to the new language.

I selected the language (top left) which now shows the correct node. I then clicked on "Full site - ES" and then selected "afrikaans" in the language dropdown and then clicked publish with descendants. This in return does publish the "pages", however, content of the pages seems to still be limited to english. If I choose say Afrikaans, the entire template is blank.

Is there thus a way to copy an entire content / language node (like english) along with all of it's descendants and publish it to the language without losing the individual content?

Jan 18, 2022 @ 08:42
    mauzilla

Any idea on this? Can I not copy an entire node with its descendants to a new language so that I dont have to redo each page / node?

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2023 @ 15:28
    Thomas

Did you find a solution for this ? :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft