Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Truyen 9 posts 110 karma points
    Jan 18, 2022 @ 23:08
    Truyen

Automatically Clear Cache on Akamai Layer

Hi all,

I'm working on a website hosted on Azure that is behind an Akamai layer for caching. We use a deployment pipeline to migrate changes from development to production which is working fine. However, sometimes styling files and images are not refreshed when accessing through the Akamai layer due to it being cached with previous version. It'll resolve after certain amount of time but varies depends on the type and we certainly cannot wait for that to happen.

We thought it could be caused by ClientDependencyFramework but bumping the version only helps when accessing through direct Umbraco URLs, not with actual ones. We can manually purge the cache in Akamai as a temporary solution, however, wanted to check if there is an option to automate this in Umbraco without manual purge.

Thanks

• Marcin Zajkowski 112 posts 585 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 08, 2022 @ 13:54
    Marcin Zajkowski

Hi Truyen,

got back to investigations of various CDN providers and found your question unanswered. It seems Akamai might need some further, custom integration/package for Umbraco, similar to e.g. UmbracoFlare - https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/umbracoflare/ - done for integrating Umbraco & Cloudflare.

The integration would at least require hooking into the publishing event and purging the URL of the site currently changed on the destination CDN location. It's not done "by default" anyhow.

I'm continuing the investigation of Akamai, but for now, there is nothing that I could suggest done already, so custom development is required to automate this process.

Shout out if you'll find anything or build it for you/your client.

Cheers, Marcin

• Truyen 9 posts 110 karma points
    Feb 14, 2022 @ 16:10
    Truyen

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your reply. I've found a NuGet package for Akamai Management: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Our.Umbraco.Cdn.Management.Akamai/

From the readme, it seems to allow Akamai CDN purging through the Umbraco back-office. However, when I install in a test project using NuGet manager, I couldn't find any feature or options in the back-office to handle it. Not sure how to use it since there's not much details or if I have installed incorrectly. I tried contacting the owner, which is ProWorks, but haven't got any reply yet.

If I found anything, will surely post in here.

Thanks again, Truyen Le

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft