Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    Jan 24, 2022 @ 11:26
    Jorge Ribeiro

How to create an index in Umbraco v9

Hi

I have an Umbraco 8.17.1 site, where I created a custom index, which retrieves data from a company database. Now I'm trying to upgrade to Umbraco 9 and .Net 5, but I can't find any documentation on creating indexes in this new version of Umbraco as it seems to have changed a lot.

I found documentation on customizing the external index, but none on creating a new custom index as needed.

Can anyone provide me with some documentation or some general guidelines for creating a new custom index, sourced from data from an external database? Teh code that I had that worked in Umbraco 8.17.1 does not anymore... some interfaces and/or classes do not seem to exist anymore (e.g. LuceneIndexCreator, IUmbracoIndexesCreator)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jorge

• Erik Eelman 79 posts 319 karma points
    Jan 26, 2022 @ 08:50
    Erik Eelman

Hi Jorge,

I haven't tried it in v9 yet, but i came across this blogpost that might help you to get started: how-to-create-a-custom-index-in-umbraco-v9

• Jorge Ribeiro 29 posts 213 karma points
    Feb 03, 2022 @ 12:33
    Jorge Ribeiro

Hi Erik

Thanks for your feedback... been tied up with other things. I had already look at the link you sent, but was not capable of get it to fetch items from an external database. There is not much documentation regarding PerformIndexItems or IndexItems, so I do not know what is does, nor how can I get it to fetch data from an external source.

• Taylor 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 14, 2022 @ 21:21
    Taylor

Same issue. So frustrating trying to do anything in Umbraco 9. The docs are awful

• Andrey Karandashov 23 posts 215 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2022 @ 08:27
    Andrey Karandashov

Hi Jorge.

You can look into this repository: https://github.com/Adolfi/UmbracoNineDemoSite We built a couple of examples how to use Examine in Umbraco 9, including external source data in indexes.

Hopefully it'll be useful for you.

• Taylor 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 15, 2022 @ 14:10
    Taylor

This is fantastic thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft