Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars Henrik Haugeli 8 posts 81 karma points notactivated
    Jan 24, 2022 @ 21:56
    Lars Henrik Haugeli

Deploying Umbraco 9 to Azure through pipeline (TypesCache error)

Hey! I really need some help, I have been struggling with this issue for days.. I have ported a site from Umbraco 8 to Umbraco 9. When I deploy the app to my Azure App Service, I get an 500.30 error, see picture. enter image description here

When I go to the eventlog.xml in the Kudu console in Azure, the log tells me that the app crashes because of this error:

Application '/LM/W3SVC/106956735/ROOT' with physical root 'C:\home\site\wwwroot\' hit unexpected managed exception, exception code = '0xe0434352'. First 30KB characters of captured stdout and stderr logs:
    Unhandled exception. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\home\site\wwwroot\umbraco\Data\TEMP\TypesCache'.
    File name: 'C:\home\site\wwwroot\umbraco\Data\TEMP\TypesCache'
       at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath, Byte[] securityDescriptor)
       at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)

I do not understand why the app is looking for a file under the TEMP folder, because I have understood that the Temp folder should not be published to the Azure app. Anyway, I have no clue how to fix this error. Anyone, help...?

Jan 25, 2022 @ 19:05
    Lars Henrik Haugeli

I anyone else encounters this error, I fixed it with making a new Azure App Service that runs on Linux... I have tried multiple Windows Azure App Services, but I get this error on Windows everytime...

• Erik Eelman 79 posts 319 karma points
    Jan 26, 2022 @ 09:08
    Erik Eelman

Hi Lars,

Did you use the recommended configuration for Azure?

{
    "Umbraco": {
        "CMS": {
            "Global": {
                "MainDomLock" : "SqlMainDomLock"
            },
            "Hosting": {
                "LocalTempStorageLocation": "EnvironmentTemp"
            },
            "Examine": {
                "LuceneDirectoryFactory": "SyncedTempFileSystemDirectoryFactory"
            }
        }
    }

}

• Chris Spanellis 44 posts 188 karma points
    Oct 21, 2023 @ 02:14
    Chris Spanellis

I have been following these instructions, and it says to use FileSystemMainDomLock for MainDomLock.

Which is the right one to use for Azure?

• Edvin Mujalo 6 posts 76 karma points notactivated
    Apr 12, 2022 @ 09:48
    Edvin Mujalo

Hello There,

I have the exact same error when I deploy umbraco 9 to a hosting iis. the server is a windows server

Is it possible that it is not only the case on azure, maybe on all windows servers?

Kind regards

Edvin Mujalo

Apr 12, 2022 @ 13:48
    Lars Henrik Haugeli

Hey, After a while we found the root to this problem. We had not checked "Web Deploy" on our release pipeline, which meant that Umbraco did not have the permission to write to the /wwwroot folder, resulting in the System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory error message.

How do you deploy the site? I recommend reading this article :)

https://tomasherceg.com/blog/post/azure-app-service-cannot-create-directories-and-write-to-filesystem-when-deployed-using-azure-devops

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft