Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MiloW 10 posts 90 karma points
    Jan 25, 2022 @ 10:23
    MiloW

Something broke up since some update in line 8.x. - languages, saving... the logic behind them?

Hello,

I have a multilang site... and I have observed two annoying things. One is quite old, one is pretty new, seen today first time:

1. When I choose the general language, e.g. English (top left in Content area) and I choose a subpage under some node - it happens that the language of the subpage doesn't switch to English but stays like it was. E.g. I was editing the German subpage, switched language - well, IMO it should switch the currently viewed page language as well... I had now 3-4 times when I edited some other language than the one I had chosen top left.

2. I saw this just today, I think there was some update of Umbraco. When I save (not save and publish) a page of a particular language, I get those green blocks telling me other language versions have been saved. Why? I didn't choose to publish more languages... it was just to save this particular page.

3. Something old: why does the page block when I edit multiple languages, save them and then go to the same page under another language... and then this right pane which shows me content of a component just hangs, and I have to refresh the page? It's like some cache or something was wrong?

Are these changes on purpose or is it overlooked somehow? IMO they are wrong UX and I am ready to discuss and defend the proper behaviors.

Thank you for any feedback in advance.

Milo

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft