Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Jan 27, 2022 @ 03:49
    andrew shearer

Umbraco Forms and using Umbraco.RenderMacroAsync in a partial

Hi - When I follow https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Rendering-Scripts/ and add the following to a page view (i.e. something that inherits UmbracoViewPage) then the form shows just fine:

“@await Umbraco.RenderMacroAsync("renderUmbracoForm", new {FormGuid="my-guid-here", FormTheme="bootstrap3-horizontal", ExcludeScripts="1"})”

But i'm using nested content and want to use this macro within the partial view representing my nested content. When i try the above code I get:

InvalidOperationException: Cannot return the IPublishedContent because the UmbracoHelper was not constructed with an IPublishedContent.

How can I use the same “UmbracoHelper” instance in a partial view that the page template uses?

I tried “@inject UmbracoHelper umbraco” so far which is what gives me the error above

Thanks

Andrew

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Jan 27, 2022 @ 20:11
    andrew shearer

update: so rather than trying to follow the docs and use "renderUmbracoForm", I copied what the shipped "InsertUmbracoFormWithTheme" view does internally and used this to render the Umbraco form:

@(await Component.InvokeAsync("RenderForm",new { formId = form.Id, recordId = Guid.Empty, theme = "my theme", includeScripts = false }))

so should the umbraco 9 docs say to use that i wonder? Is "renderUmbracoForm" only in umbraco 9 for legacy purposes? I'm using umbraco 9.2.0 and Umbraco.Forms 9.2.1.

Is the a clean way in umbraco 9 where you can simply show an umbraco form without using a macro? 🤞

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Mar 24, 2022 @ 12:02
    Paul

Thanks for posting about this Andrew, I've just spent the last hour or so trying to make a blocklist view component that allows CMS users to pick an Umb Form to insert (in v9).

Quite why this isn't in the documentation I don't know, I get it when not everything is documented on Open Source stuff, but we're paying for a license to use this!

• Debasish Gracias 27 posts 137 karma points
    Nov 29, 2022 @ 11:29
    Debasish Gracias

Thanks for posting this Andrew. Your solution works very well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft