Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 52 posts 234 karma points
    Jan 28, 2022 @ 16:01
    Andrew

Block List with Vary By Culture

Hi,

I'm trying to determine if its possible to have a block list where the items are the same in both languages, but some properties within a block vary by culture.

For example a block with an image and some text where the list of blocks is the same in all languages, the image is shared by all languages, but the text can be edited in each language.

I get the impression this isn't possible and that editors must create the block list in each language if they want any part of the list to vary by culture.

Can anyone confirm this is the case or if its just something I'm not configuring properly in the setting?

Thanks

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jan 28, 2022 @ 19:05
    Kevin Jump

Hi Andrew -

Sorry Short answer Its not possible 😔

Varies by culture only really applies to the properties directly on the ContentType, Umbraco stores the cultured values at that level,

the block editors are then stored in that value, so everything in them is stored for each culture .

*long answer is always - everything is possible but not with quite a bit of hacking, and probibly quite a support nightmare at the end

• Andrew 52 posts 234 karma points
    Jan 28, 2022 @ 19:16
    Andrew

Thanks Kevin,

I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

I have one case where I really wanted the same list in both languages, so I simply made a separate content type and fetch the items with the api.

:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft