Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Levente Kosa 136 posts 352 karma points
    Feb 08, 2022 @ 13:12
    Levente Kosa

Umbraco thinks I want to install instead of upgrade

Hi,

I probably missed something, but I can't upgrade my current Umbraco version to a newer one on my server only on local. It's from 8.2.1 to 8.17.2. On local everything went fine, after I copied the following folders to the server (Umbraco, bin), then I merged some files (partials, some config files), then finally I merged webconfig, but left the version number and connection string as it is. Unfortunately it still want's to install as new instead of upgrading. I removed TEMP and Cache folders and recycled App Pool.

Any advice?

Feb 14, 2022 @ 15:07
    Levente Kosa

Anyone? I tried man different ways but still the same result. I even tried with the manual version (download umbraco package zip, and upload Umbraco and bin), but again, it wants to install a new Umbraco instead of upgrading.

• David Walker 19 posts 90 karma points
    Feb 16, 2022 @ 14:42
    David Walker

I came across the Installation screen when Umbraco wanted to actually Upgrade in version 9 :/ Made sure I had a full backup, clicked ok, and it upgraded!

Feb 16, 2022 @ 14:53
    Levente Kosa

Thanks, but I get this screen (attached) instead of the upgrade screen. I also filled in and clickon on it, but it just created a fresh Umbraco without my data of course.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft