Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tracey Penberthy 12 posts 102 karma points
    Feb 10, 2022 @ 13:53
    Tracey Penberthy

Umbraco Forms - with Go to page selected, thank you message being displayed on form page when navigating back to it

Hey Tracey

Would it be possible to let us know what version of Umbraco CMS and Umbraco Forms are you using where you see this issue?

When I know this, what I would love to do is to see if I can reproduce what you are experiencing here.

You are saying thank you message is displayed on form page when navigating back to it

Is it when you navigate back to the page via a navigation menu or just when you go back in the browser?

And the most important thing is still an issue for you or did you find a solution?

I am looking forward to hearing from you

/Dennis

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 20, 2022 @ 00:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hey Tracey,

First of all, let me say that I made a mistake when I answered your question here on the form

My reply, accidentally overwritten your question. But this does not change that I would like to help to see if we can find a solution for you.

If you can let me know the following: Version of Umbraco CMS and Umbraco Forms then I will see if I can reproduce this on the same version and the latest version

I am looking forward to hearing from you

All the best,

-Dennis

Feb 21, 2022 @ 08:09
    Tracey Penberthy

Thanks for your offer of help Dennis, much appreciated

I am using Umbraco version 8.14.0. Umbraco Forms version 8.8.0.

The thank you message is displayed if I navigate back to the form page from a navigation item AND also when I hit the back button. If I then refresh the form page the form appears.

I have not found a solution to this yet - at the moment we are just putting information in the thank you message that the form has been submitted and if you want to make a new submission to refresh the page.

Cheers Tracey

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 22, 2022 @ 00:44
    Dennis Aaen

Hey Trracey

Okay I have just tried to see if I could reproduce this on the latest version of Umbraco Forms which is 8.10.2

I can only reproduce this if I hit the back button in the browser.

If I navigate to another page and then back to the form via the navigation on the site then the form loads fine.

Since you are using an older version of Umbraco Forms 8.8, then if you can then I would recommend you to upgrade to 8.10.2 and see if it solves your project too

You can find the documentation on how to upgrade forms here https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Installation/ManualUpgrade

/Dennis

Feb 22, 2022 @ 15:01
    Tracey Penberthy

Thanks Dennis, I will give that a go,

• Sjoerd Stottelaar 31 posts 189 karma points
    Apr 06, 2022 @ 12:32
    Sjoerd Stottelaar

Did you manage to fix this issue? We are running into the same issue as you described.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft