Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Scarry 22 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 10, 2022 @ 15:53
    Chris Scarry

Have the issues with the migration process from v7 to v8 been completely fixed or is it still recommended to do the 2 step migration process? I've done some looking around but haven't found a definitive answer.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 11, 2022 @ 07:16
    Søren Kottal

Fantastic article here, explaining the progress.

I usually get to 7.15 as fast as possible, including migrating old id-pickers (pre-7.6) if there are any.

Then directly to latest v8, with Proworks migration tool.

IIRC you can't go straight to latest v8 without the Proworks tool, because of missing migrations in core.

Feb 14, 2022 @ 14:15
    Chris Scarry

Søren,

Thank you for the reply and the article! I am currently on 7.15.5 so thankfully I have no worries there. Have you personally used the Proworks migration tool to perform the upgrade?

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 15, 2022 @ 10:30
    Søren Kottal

yes, just recently used it to take a 7.something site all the way to 9.2 :)

Feb 15, 2022 @ 16:06
    Chris Scarry

Can you clarify these steps in the link you provided? (There is no step 8 in the article)

So I have to setup a mock site and db? I cant just add the migration package to my current setup and then nuget install the Umbraco v8 packages?

Step 7: Upgrade the Umbraco database to the latest version of Umbraco 8 Download a vanilla Umbraco 8 latest site Use NuGet to add the ProWorks.Umbraco8.Migrations package to the site Point the site at the Umbraco database you want to upgrade Start the site, and run through the upgrade wizard

Step 9: Nuget install Umbraco 8.x.x (latest) into your project See the following nuget packages: UmbracoCms UmbracoCms.Core

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft