Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Feb 16, 2022 @ 09:14
    Kieron McIntyre

Umbraco 9 + ImageSharp v2

I have a v9 install using ImageSharp 1.0.4 and with the release of ImageSharp 2.0.0 I thought I'd upgrade to get the WebP support, only this upgrade breaks nearly all calls to the media.

Since the reference to ImageSharp 1.0.4 is a dependency of the Umbraco install, I've had to explicitly install ImageSharp 2.0.0 which the project doesn't complain about but any attempts to access the media with a height/width/format querystring throws a MissingMethodException, specifically the Image.DetectFormatAsync() method.

Obviously this is only called when an attempt is made to call a method dynamically but it impliesthat the ImageSharp library is missing the method which it isn't.

Any ideas?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 16, 2022 @ 09:36
    Nik

Hi Kieron,

ImageSharp 2 is not currently being shipped with Umbraco v9 because it is a considered a breaking change - There is a github discussion/issue about it all I believe.

However, this thread here might help:

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/108240-umbraco-920-imagesharpweb-webp

Some people have had success in "hacking" it to get it to work, however there is also a comment that it doesn't work with blob storage as some changes to the provider would be needed.

Thanks

Nik

• Kieron McIntyre 116 posts 359 karma points
    Feb 16, 2022 @ 09:37
    Kieron McIntyre

Hey Nik, yep was literally just reading through that thread. Thanks for that! Will keep my eye to ground for updates ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft