Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Viktor 7 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 17, 2022 @ 10:12
    Viktor

Frontend error - The file umbraco-backoffice-extensions-js does not contain any reference to the extension

Hi!

We have a problem on our server when trying to get an extension (Contentment) to work. enter image description here

The file /sb/umbraco-backoffice-extensions-js.js.vc48... does not contain any reference to Contentment. But, if I change Debug to true in the server appsettings-file, it works:

"Umbraco": {
      "CMS": {
        "Hosting": {
          "Debug": false //If I change this to "true" it works
        }
      }
    }

But we want to keep it as Debug=false in that environment.

In our development environment (where it works) it looks like this in umbraco-backoffice-extensions-js when i change Debug to false:

angular.module("umbraco").controller("Umbraco.Community.Contentment.DataEditors.Buttons.Controller",["$sco...

It looks like the main reason has to do with some runtime bundling. I was hoping to find an answer to this issue, I hope anyone can help me.

• Alexandre Locas 52 posts 219 karma points
    Mar 31, 2022 @ 12:49
    Alexandre Locas

Anyone has a hint about this problem ?? This issue makes Umbraco v9 unusable for us as we cannot run Umbraco in debug mode under Azure.

Thank you

Mar 31, 2022 @ 13:26
    Viktor

I am sorry to say that we had to skip Contentment and find another way to handle the specific task. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

May 09, 2022 @ 11:27
    Viktor

Hi again.

I am not sure if this is the fix but I got a similar issue when working with UmbracoForms. (Error: $controller:ctrlreg") I fixed this on the server by deleting the "/Smidge"-folder. It contained old cache-files that did not include the new added plugin. After deleting that folder and after a page reload, Umbraco generated new cache-files, containing the new plugin.

And now UmbracoForms works great!

• David Armitage 505 posts 2073 karma points
    Dec 31, 2022 @ 05:32
    David Armitage

Thanks Viktor, This worked for me.

It was driving me insane for a while since everything looked as it should.

• AbsolutelyN 85 posts 433 karma points
    Nov 02, 2022 @ 15:41
    AbsolutelyN

Also getting this error. I've tried deleting smidge folder with no luck.

umbraco-backoffice-js.js.v638030003094861457:147 Error: [$controller:ctrlreg] http://errors.angularjs.org/1.8.3/$controller/ctrlreg?p0=Umbraco.Community.Contentment.DataEditors.CodeEditor.Controller

Contentment is used heavily on the site and would be a massive job to remove it. Anyone know of any work arounds or fixed please?

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2022 @ 13:53
    Thomas

Anyone found a fix here?

• AbsolutelyN 85 posts 433 karma points
    Dec 14, 2022 @ 14:46
    AbsolutelyN

If I remember correctly its something to do with the bundling options. Try a couple of different options and make sure you're not referencing any files twice.

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/design/stylesheets-javascript#using-smidge-taghelper

Dec 14, 2022 @ 15:10
    Thomas

Hmm, arh not using the bundling.

Did you also only get the error in the backoffice?

• Neil 37 posts 201 karma points
    Dec 14, 2022 @ 15:43
    Neil

If debug is set to false, Smidge bundling is enabled for the backend, and there's no way to stop that without turning debug back on (less than ideal).

Do you have any custom property editors installed?

I hit a similar problem and it was that NUglify didn't like the (perfectly valid) syntax my Javascript file used.

I had to remove each plugin one by one until I found the offending one, and then re-write the javascript in a way it was happy parsing.

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/110573-500-error-in-umbraco-backoffice-extensions-js-nullreferenceexception

Dec 14, 2022 @ 16:53
    Thomas

Arh okay.

yeah I have a couple. Will try to go through my custom properties :)

Dec 15, 2022 @ 16:47
    Thomas

Added this to my package.manifest.

"bundleOptions": "None"

At the bottom

{
    "javascript": [

"~/app_plugins/test/test.controller.js"
    ],
    "bundleOptions": "None"
    }

Fixed the issue I had with some style that it didn't like.

I also found and error in a *.js.

By adding this one package.manifest at the time I found the file that was the problem! :) Maybe this can help someone.

• Chris Spanellis 45 posts 189 karma points
    Mar 02, 2023 @ 05:40
    Chris Spanellis

Hi,

How did you realize you had style that it didn't like and an error in your *.js? I'm getting errors trying to run my /umbraco when loading my plugins that worked fine in v8.

An unhandled exception has occurred while executing the request. Smidge.BundleNotFoundException: A bundle with the name:umbraco-backoffice-non-optimized-js could not be found.

The bundle name umbraco-backoffice-init-css already exists

Any ideas?

Mar 02, 2023 @ 06:33
    Thomas

I went through all my own made plugins 😅 Adding the bundle options to the packages manifest

• Chris Spanellis 45 posts 189 karma points
    Mar 02, 2023 @ 07:14
    Chris Spanellis

I figured out from another post that you can no longer reference external resources from your manifest files. Once I brought those CDN JS and CSS files locally, everything worked fine!

Dec 16, 2022 @ 09:07
    Neil

Ooh, I hadn't spotted bundleOptions being added to the package.manifest schema.

That would have saved a lot of headaches!

Dec 16, 2022 @ 09:30
    Thomas

Saw in the Usync Package manifest and tried it .. :P

Can find anything thing about it in the doc.

Do you know what it does?

Dec 16, 2022 @ 12:05
    Neil

It has been added to the new spangly v10/11 docs (docs.umbraco.com).

Default - The default bundling behavior for assets in the package folder where the assets will be bundled with the typical packages bundle.

None - The assets in the package will not be processed at all and will all be requested as individual assets and will essentially be a bundle that has composite processing turned off for both debug and production

Independent - The packages assets will be processed as its own separate bundle. (In debug, files will not be processed)

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/extending/property-editors/package-manifest#bundling

Looks like it does literally what we were asking for, either turns off the Smidge/NUglify packaging all together, or creates a bundle just for your plugins files.

Dec 16, 2022 @ 12:07
    Thomas

Perfect! Thanks for sharing

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft