Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay 410 posts 636 karma points
    Feb 25, 2022 @ 06:35
    Jay

2FA (Two Factor Authentication) for Umbraco Backend User - V9

Hi All,

I saw that there's documentation for 2FA for Umbraco Members in V9.3. https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Security/two-factor-authentication/

But I can't find anything for Umbraco User 2FA.

Has anyone implemented 2FA (Eg Google Authenticator) for Umbraco User to login to the Umbraco V9 backend or can point me to the right direction.

Thank you

• David Knittl 13 posts 114 karma points
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 09:46
    David Knittl

I'm interested in this too. Would love some guidance on how to do that!

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Mar 15, 2022 @ 21:48
    andrew shearer

interested too.

Guidance on how to achieve the equivalent of the Umbraco 8 "IUmbracoBackOfficeTwoFactorOptions" and plug in a custom "TwoFactorView" into the backoffice login workflow would be appreciated.

I followed https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Security/two-factor-authentication and substituted the MemberIdentityBuilder composition with:

var identityBuilder = new BackOfficeIdentityBuilder(builder.Services);
    identityBuilder.AddTwoFactorProvider<MyTwoFactorAuthenticator>(MyTwoFactorAuthenticator.Name);

But that only gets you so far, I would like an idea on how to update the UI view.

In my case, I am not using a 3rd party authenticator (google, MS etc) but want to roll my own authentiation method by creating a one-time-password and emailing it to their inbox for subsequent entry into a dialog box once the initial username/password verification passes. All possible and working in Umnbraco 8 with quite a bit of code, so now looking at how to extend umbraco 9 in the same way.

thanks

• Jay 410 posts 636 karma points
    Apr 22, 2022 @ 16:00
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft