Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 08:18
    Owain Williams

How to disable the green notification bar

Hi, is there a way to disable the default green notification bar.

Just now in my content app, when I click a button I get a content saved notification when my button doesn't actually do a save at all. I'm guessing I've done something wrong but not sure what.

As you can see from the image below - I've successful created my own notification for when something goes wrong and I'd prefer that to show rather than the green default one.

enter image description here

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 08:23
    Anders Bjerner

Hi Owain

HTML buttons are submit buttons by default, which is what then triggers a form submit, which then saves the page.

So without having seen your code, I think your buttons should look something like:

<button type="button">Yay</button>

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 08:32
    Owain Williams

Thanks Anders! Didn't realise that and that indeed has fixed the problem. I had

<input type="submit" id="tweet_button" ng-click="submit(vm)" class="btn btn-primary" value="Tweet">

but changing it to:

<button type="button" id="tweet_button" ng-click="submit(vm)" class="btn btn-primary">Tweet</button>

Fixed it 😁#h5yr

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 08:38
    Anders Bjerner

Great to see that helped. <input type="button" /> could also work, but IMO <button> elements are more flexible.

Umbraco also has an umbButton directive that can help going beyond a standard button:

https://apidocs.umbraco.com/v9/ui/#/api/umbraco.directives.directive:umbButton

For instance, you can set a button state for when the button is clicked, so the user sees a small loader instead of the button text. Eg. similar to when clicking the save button.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft