Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 09:56
    Thomas

SQL Query to retrieve content of specific node

Hi all, I need help from you because i am facing an urgent issue. A customer had deleted an entire node with all the subcontent and I need a query to use CMS Import and import the content again from a backup database. But I am confused how to get the content for a specific parentId.

Source and Destination database is Umbraco v8

Can anyone please help me asap?

Best regards

Thomas

• Lindow 154 posts 1301 karma points
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 23:03
    Lindow

Have they deleted it from the content tree and then also from the recycle bin?

If so then you can query the [umbracoNode] table.

You'll need the name ID or GUID of the node. Once you have it you can just run a WHERE parentId ='XX' and it'll return child nodes.

Hope it helps :)

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Mar 02, 2022 @ 12:37
    Thomas

Yes they deleted from the content tree and the recycle bin. The problem is that they have delete not only the articles but also the category of the articles. To be more specific i found in the log file that the user has delete the category. So It has also delete the articles of the category. I have a backup of the database so i need a query to retrieve the articles and then to use CMS Import to add them again.

Also using only the umbracoNode table from the backup database I don't have all the properties values of the documentType. I am getting only the PageTitle and the creatioDate. How will i get all the other values?

• Arnaldo Parker 7 posts 78 karma points
    Mar 02, 2022 @ 10:11
    Arnaldo Parker

I have a large XML note with many nodes.

is there a way that I can select only a single node and all of its contents from the larger XML?

i am using sql 2005

ACEFlareAccount

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft