Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • David Zweben 248 posts 706 karma points
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 15:11
    David Zweben
    0

    Umbraco 8.17.2 - DateTime picker breaking backoffice

    This has been affecting us for a while, but I'm just getting around to posting about it: We are using (or at least trying to use) the built-in Date/Time picker on one of our main document types. In both Chrome and Firefox (all browsers I've tried), it doesn't work properly; it just acts as a regular text box, but the date/time picker won't open. No errors show up, though.

    What's worse is that when we try to navigate away from that page, we get the following JavaScript error, and navigating away does not work until the page is refreshed.

    TypeError: fpInstance.destroy is not a function
        at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (umbraco.directives.js?cdv=362534875:12972:32)
    

    This is quite problematic, as it means we have to keep hitting refresh after clicking another node in the tree before it will show up.

    We could just remove the date picker since it isn't working, but we kind of need it. Any idea why this is happening?

  • Quan 4 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 10, 2022 @ 12:01
    Quan
    0

    Can confirm this is also happening to me after upgrading to latest from Umbraco 8.11. No action from the Datepicker when clicked, no console errors, until navigating away from the page.

    I've uninstalled packages that could be to blame, but to no avail.

    @David, where you able to solve this?

  • David Zweben 248 posts 706 karma points
    6 days ago
    David Zweben
    0

    I know this is months later, but I just solved this issue. The problem was caused by a JavaScript class in a JS file used by a custom Dashboard that we have added in the Content section. The JS file contained a class called "Node", and presumably there was some sort of name conflict since that's a very generic name, and this dashboard's code was loading during any work in the content section of the backoffice. As soon as I commented out that class, the picker started working again.

    I'd suggest temporarily disabling all code in your App_Plugins folder to see if that fixes it. It did for me, and then I did a binary search of our plugins to narrow it down to a single plugin, then a single JS file, then a single block of code.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft