Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Mar 02, 2022 @ 01:21
    andrew shearer

MultiUrlPicker: selecting multiple content items at once

Hello

We tend to use MultiUrlPicker as the datatype for everything even when its anticipated the content editor would usually pick content pages (and you could argue Multinode Treepicker would suit). Simply, MultiUrlPicker provides the best flexibility for all content loading scenarios (internal and external links and changing link name etc).

However, the constraint with the MultiUrlPicker UI is that items must be added one at a time vs. Multinode Treepicker that allows multiple selections at once.

I realise MultiUrlPicker is different in the sense that the UI needs to support either external links, content, or media from being selected, I just wondered if there was any way it could allow multiple content items to be selected in one go?

Keen to hear ideas/thoughts

Thanks

• Dhanesh Kumar MJ 158 posts 511 karma points c-trib
    Mar 02, 2022 @ 07:39
    Dhanesh Kumar MJ

Hi Andrew,

Yes, nice to have a Multiselect option in MultiUrlPicker, but I think as per the current scenario it is not possible right?, because if enable multi-select option then how we can manage to edit the title, open in new window kinds of things against each selection.

If we really need this, then need to implement it as a nested king of UI for each selection :)

• andrew shearer 506 posts 653 karma points
    Mar 02, 2022 @ 19:54
    andrew shearer

What I imagined is the content editor would do an initial selection of all content nodes, and then they could go back and refine/curate the ones that did need to be customised further (ie edit the title, open in new window)

Basically the goal being a UI enhancement rather than having to completely reopen the editor when content loading multiple content items :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft