Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martijn 7 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 22, 2022 @ 11:14
    Martijn

Custom section title keeps brackets when hosted on Azure

I have created a custom section. For this section I also have created a lang/en-us.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <language alias="en" intName="English (US)" localName="English (US)" lcid="" culture="en-US">
      <area alias="sections">
       <key alias="formDataSection">Formulierdata</key>
      </area>
    </language>

When I run the project locally the section is translated the way it should. I see the section with the correct translation: 'Formulierdata', but when I deploy it to Azure, I see the notorious brackets: '[formDataSection]'.

I can confirm that lang/en-us.xml is deployed on Azure. I can see this when I open Kudu and browse the files of the site.

I can also confirm that the language of the logged in user is set to 'en (US)' in the profile.

There are no multiple languages activated in Umbraco, only en-us.

This problem occurs in every Azure environment (test, acceptance, production).

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 22, 2022 @ 12:23
    Kevin Jump

Hi

If you are running Linux then the Lang folder is case sensitive and needs to start with a capital 'L') or it is not found 😒

• Martijn 7 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 22, 2022 @ 13:59
    Martijn

Many thanks! This was indeed the issue. I had folder names with lowercase 'l'. After changing this to uppercase 'L' and restarting the app service, the sections are translated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft