Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AWatters 33 posts 174 karma points
    Mar 28, 2022 @ 11:41
    AWatters

Hi, we have an Umbraco install which has been running for a few years now - on 7.5.15. It has a few language sites on it - eg, en, de, es and then they all run off the same domain, example.com/en, example.com/de.

Now there is a new site, Group, which needs to have the domain examplegroup.com. We have set this up on the Culture/hostnames but it is not working. It redirects to example.com/en all the time

On IIS there is a website which points at the whole folder and which has 443 bindings for example.com and examplegroup.com. Then there are 2 redirect websites, each of which have 80 bindings for example.com or examplegroup.com. This is the way it's set up on another server for another site - the guy who set up these various multisites is no longer with the company and I'm not sure am I missing something.

I actually put this post up on Friday and then it started working and appeared to be to do with the domain pointing not being set up right, so I deleted it - over the weekend it seemed to work ok but this morning it's gone again.

Any ideas as to what I could look at? Thanks

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Mar 28, 2022 @ 11:51
    Søren Kottal

Check if there is any redirects from / to /en. Could be in web.config or /config/urlrewriting.config

Mar 28, 2022 @ 12:58
    AWatters

Thanks for the response. No redirects that I can see in config files.

The Umbraco back end looks like this:

--> Home
    || en
    *Website configuration (en)
    || de
    *Website configuration (de)
    ||Group
    *WEbsite configuration (group)

(sorry, don't seem to be able to upload an image) The template on Home is a redirect with the following code:

@using USNStarterKit.USNHelpers;
    @{  
        string redirectUrl = "/en";
        LinkInfo linkInfo = USNUrlHelper.GetSingleUrlFromUrlPicker(Model.Content.GetPropertyValue<UrlPicker>("redirectTo"));
        @Convert.ToString(Model.Content.GetPropertyValue<UrlPicker>("redirectTo"))
        if (linkInfo != null) {
            if (linkInfo.LinkURL != String.Empty) { 
                redirectUrl = linkInfo.LinkURL;
            }
        }

Response.Redirect(redirectUrl);
    }

Which is designed to direct people from example.com to example.com/en to start. So I did think this might be an issue. However even when this page is unpublished, the issue is still happening, even after app pool stop/start. I have tried setting Culture/Hostnames of this node to example.com but it makes no difference

Mar 29, 2022 @ 17:24
    AWatters

Solved - various combinations of Canonical Domain redirects and http/https bindings in the wrong places. Umbraco was set up correctly in terms of Culture/hostnames, the errors were all in IIS

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft