Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• vad9ch 11 posts 41 karma points
    Mar 30, 2022 @ 10:10
    vad9ch

Getting Started with Umbraco

Hello everyone. My name is Vadym. I'm starting to learn Umbraco and trying to do my first project. I want to ask you a few questions: 1) Where I can watch on youtube how to connect doc types with my MVC project 2) Why I cant create DocType property with name "Id" and "Name" ?

Mar 30, 2022 @ 10:31
    vad9ch

I have these 2 models in DocTypes: enter image description here

enter image description here

I want to make "Each Car Model should belong to only one Car Brand (tree structure)" And how I said in my 1st massage - I want to create models in my VS project. But I have this text on the model builder page:

Models Builder Version: 9.4.1+037580b305d0b0771dbe7f5e0f40dfdceeae62ec ModelsBuilder is enabled, with the following configuration: The models mode is 'InMemoryAuto'. Strongly typed models are re-generated on startup and anytime schema changes (i.e. Content Type) are made. No recompilation necessary but the generated models are not available to code outside of Razor. Models namespace is Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.PublishedModels. Tracking of out-of-date models is enabled. Models are out-of-date.

Mar 30, 2022 @ 10:43
    vad9ch

Also i should say that i don't need any frontend code. I need only 2 things: connect models to my backend (to create few get\post methods) and create tree with Car Brand and Car Model.

And I want to say sorry if i write with mistakes. Im trying to improve my English too.

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Mar 30, 2022 @ 12:53
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

Name and ID are auto-generated by Umbraco, as part of the document "base model"

Sometimes you will require an alternate "display name". Just ensure the alias is not set to "name" of "id", and you should be ok.

E,g, "productName", "productID"

If you wanted to use the Umbraco Models in a different Project, or used in a class, then you will need to change the Models Builder Mode, and re-build the project.

There is extensive information on this within the Umbraco Documentation. I suggest you go and look at that.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/templating/modelsbuilder/

Mar 31, 2022 @ 09:34
    vad9ch

Hi.

Thank you.

• Yakov Lebski 552 posts 2116 karma points
    Mar 31, 2022 @ 11:25
    Yakov Lebski

you can see videos here https://umbraco.tv/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: