Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Apr 02, 2022 @ 13:33
    David Zweben

Clean install: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'factory')

Hello,

I'm trying to install Umbraco 9 on a VPS Windows 2019 server and having tons of trouble with it. At the moment I have an install that works on my machine locally, but when I deploy it to the server I get this error:

An error occurred while starting the application.
    ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'factory')
    System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.RegisterFactory(string providerInvariantName, DbProviderFactory factory)

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'factory')
    System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.RegisterFactory(string providerInvariantName, DbProviderFactory factory)
    Umbraco.Extensions.UmbracoBuilderExtensions.AddUmbracoSqlServerSupport(IUmbracoBuilder builder)
    Umbraco.Extensions.UmbracoBuilderExtensions.AddUmbracoCore(IUmbracoBuilder builder)
    Umbraco.Extensions.UmbracoBuilderExtensions.AddBackOffice(IUmbracoBuilder builder, Action<IMvcBuilder> configureMvc)
    SelebusWebsite.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in Startup.cs
    System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(object target, object[] arguments, Signature sig, bool constructor, bool wrapExceptions)
    System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.InvokeCore(object instance, IServiceCollection services)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<Invoke>g__Startup|0(IServiceCollection serviceCollection)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.Invoke(object instance, IServiceCollection services)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder+<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Build>b__0(IServiceCollection services)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder.UseStartup(Type startupType, HostBuilderContext context, IServiceCollection services, object instance)
    Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder+<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<UseStartup>b__0(HostBuilderContext context, IServiceCollection services)
    Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.CreateServiceProvider()
    Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build()
    redacted.Program.Main(string[] args) in Program.cs

Anyone have any idea what's going on? The site is being served via IIS. I have .NET 5 SDK installed on the server in both 32 and 64 bit. 32 bit support is disabled in the Application Pool. The database connection string is pointing to an Azure SQL server, but I've also tried clearing it out to an empty string, which is the default state of a clean install. I just installed SQL Express on the server, but it made no difference. Any help would be appreciated!

• Jurgen Van de Water 18 posts 68 karma points
    Aug 01, 2022 @ 08:27
    Jurgen Van de Water

I have the same error. What did you do to resolve this?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 23, 2022 @ 13:49
    Alex Skrypnyk

Be sure that you are running the website on .NET 6.0.5 at least

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft