Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jojo V 64 posts 166 karma points
    Apr 04, 2022 @ 13:43
    Jojo V

Document types - bulk duplicate / copy

Hi,

I would like duplicate / copy a lot of document types ( for new website on shared umb instance ). I found "How to copy one document type" but this is very complicated for large structure ( about 100 document types ).

Ideal for me is export actual doc types to c# code, change aliases and setup it on launch umbraco.

It's possible? Or something else?

Umb8

Thanks.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 05, 2022 @ 16:46
    Apr 05, 2022 @ 17:26
    Jojo V

How did you mean that? Look at the source code? Because I don't need to copy to another instance / server. I need to create a structure for the new site and use the previous structure, but with a few modifications.

eg: copy the document type for the homepage and edit the two fields. I need to make a copy because I can't modify the logic of an existing website.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 05, 2022 @ 17:29
    Dan Diplo

uSync outputs files that are definitions of doc types, data types etc. and these can be reimported again. Normally to a different site, but you could edit them (eg. change alias) and then reimport, I think.

Apr 06, 2022 @ 07:05
    Jojo V

Yes, but no: D

You must change the GUID in the uSync export files. Changing the alias only renames this docType :/ The difficulty of changing the GUID is the same as when manually copying in the backoffice UI.

Or am I wrong?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft