Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jasond 3 posts 83 karma points
    Apr 04, 2022 @ 17:10
    Jasond

Boot Failed error on snapshot Azure app service

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, don't know best procedure for posting but we have a copy of Umbraco 8.16.0 installed as an Azure app service and we are attempting to deploy a snapshot of this to a deployment slot that we can use as a staging environment. When doing so and connecting to the staging database we are getting the "Boot Failed" exception. Checking the logs yields the following exception:

Panic, exception while loading cache data.","@l":"Fatal","@x":"MessagePack.MessagePackSerializationException: Failed to deserialize Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.NuCache.DataSource.ContentCacheDataModel value. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.  at MessagePack.MessagePackReader.ThrowNotEnoughBytesException()

I've tried searching and have come across similar issue which are pointing at either a corrupted cache or permissions errors or an incorrect configuration.

Any help in this regard or even just pointing in the general direction would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information regarding the setup, please let me know and thank you in advance!

• Chase Burandt 3 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 09, 2023 @ 15:30
    Chase Burandt

I came across your issue while I'm having the same issue hosting an Umbraco 10 website on a virtual server.

Your post is the only message that closely relates the error message that I'm receiving. The difference is the namespace for the ContentCacheDataModel is different from 8 to 10.

I was wondering if you were able solve your issue and if so provide some info as to your process of how to fix the issue.

Mar 09, 2023 @ 17:14
    Jasond

Hi Chase, sorry to hear that you're struggling with this too. I was able to come right on my end after a lot of troubleshooting through the log files. The logs are absolutely the best place to start and will give you more insights to this and the other error messages which may pop up.

For my issue personally, after trying multiple suggested fixes of changing the Serializer configuration, I found that disabling the MsgPack Serializer reference completely in my Web.config forced the app to use default Umbraco NuCache Serializer instead and thus solved this particular error. I'm not sure if you're using the XML Web.config or because you're using Umbraco 10 that you're using the JSON format configuration file but commenting out or removing the reference to the Cache model using MsgPack should solve this:

<!-- <add key="Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.NuCache.Serializer" value="MsgPack" />-->

Again as you're using Umbraco 10 and your error isn't exactly the same as mine I'm not sure if this will solve the issue for you but hopefully can point you in the right direction. Once I solved this my installation still had a couple more errors I had to troubleshoot but between the log files and lots of searches for the error messages and browsing the forums I did get there in the end and that's the important thing. I hope you don't struggle too much past this error and that you come right.

Best of luck and hope the above could help you a bit!

• Chase Burandt 3 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 10, 2023 @ 15:15
    Chase Burandt

Thank you for your response. I did manage figure out my issue. I found that I had to go to the backoffice and perform the database upgrades. After the updates were done the front-end of site worked and the error didn't occur anymore.

Mar 10, 2023 @ 15:31
    Jasond

Glad you came right, and that wasn't too difficult to fix. All the best with the rest of the dev!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft