Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Virender Verma 2 posts 82 karma points
    Apr 05, 2022 @ 09:09
    Virender Verma

Difference between umbraco.sln or umbraco-netcore-only.sln

I am new to umbraco , download code from github.

Seen two solutions , what is difference between umbraco.sln or umbraco-netcore-only.sln

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 05, 2022 @ 11:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Typically, people new to Umbraco never have to use the code from GitHub.

Unless you're going to be contributing code back to the Umbraco project or really need to do some deep debugging you would not need to build Umbraco from source at all.

Otherwise always (always!) use the nuget packages we provide, the installation instructions are a good place to get you started: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Install/

To answer your question: umbraco-netcore-only.sln contains only projects that run on dotnet core, the regular umbraco.sln also needs the .NET Framework SDK installed on your machine as there's a few legacy projects that only build for .NET Framework.

• Virender Verma 2 posts 82 karma points
    Apr 05, 2022 @ 12:24
    Virender Verma

I am a developer want full control of code. Want to customize code as per our requirement.

I want to use .Net core , Is this all major modules available on .Net core ?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 05, 2022 @ 13:51
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I understand, but please (please, please) don't do this by changing our code, we have thousands of extension points for you to hook into, use them to your benefit. We do not in any way support people running Umbraco websites from the source code.

Umbraco 9 and later, as installed from NuGet (https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Install/) is fully built on dotnet core.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft