Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DuaneA 6 posts 86 karma points notactivated
    Apr 06, 2022 @ 15:37
    DuaneA

Umbraco Forms works on dotnet run but not when published

Basically as it says in the title. I have installed the Forms package and have a license in umbraco/Licenses which covers localhost. When I run it straight from dotnet run, eg, localhost:17925 it works fine. When I publish the site and run from an IIS website which calls the published folder, using localhost:80, it does not seem to find the License - which does seem to be still there in its Licenses folder - and just show what looks like Angular placeholders in the Forms area. In Console it has:

Error: [$controller:ctrlreg] http://errors.angularjs.org/1.8.0/$controller/ctrlreg?p0=UmbracoForms.Dashboards.FormsController

When I click through on that error I get to an Angular error reference which shows:

The controller with the name 'UmbracoForms.Dashboards.FormsController' is not registered.

I am very new with v9 so really am not sure how this is supposed to work.

Last entry in Log file is as follows but not sure it is relevant

{"@t":"2022-04-06T15:21:28.3845443Z","@mt":"Connection ID \"{ConnectionId}\", Request ID \"{TraceIdentifier}\": An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.","@l":"Error","@x":"System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No such file exists C:\\websites\\site-publish\\Smidge\\Cache\\XX-LT29\\36657a73e55a30f63d6fff56f66532ee93feee8f\\umbraco-backoffice-extensions-js.s.map (mapped from 36657a73e55a30f63d6fff56f66532ee93feee8f/umbraco-backoffice-extensions-js.s.map)\r\nFile name: 'C:\\websites\\site-publish\\Smidge\\Cache\\XX-LT29\\36657a73e55a30f63d6fff56f66532ee93feee8f\\umbraco-backoffice-extensions-js.s.map'\r\n   at Smidge.Cache.PhysicalFileCacheFileSystem.GetRequiredFileInfo(String filePath)\r\n   at Smidge.InMemory.ConfiguredCacheFileSystem.GetRequiredFileInfo(String filePath)\r\n   at Smidge.Nuglify.NuglifySourceMapController.SourceMap(BundleRequestModel bundle)\r\n   at lambda_method2113(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)\r\n   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()\r\n   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)\r\n   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()\r\n}

• DuaneA 6 posts 86 karma points notactivated
    Apr 06, 2022 @ 20:11
    DuaneA

I'm still not sure what is going on locally but when deployed to a production server, the Forms section works fine.

• Ambert van Unen 175 posts 817 karma points c-trib
    Apr 07, 2022 @ 08:15
    Ambert van Unen

Probably something to do with minifier Smidge, you could try switching the debug mode for it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft