Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Brian Stegmann 20 posts 135 karma points
    Apr 09, 2022 @ 09:32
    Tom Brian Stegmann

How to migrate Grid Editors (LeBlender) between environment

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a legacy Umbraco 7.2.8 solution where we need to copy a selection of Leblender Grid Editors from the development environment to the staging environment. Just to clarify, they have been created on the dev.env. (and therefore within that MS SQL database), and we now need to move them to staging (i.e., the staging database).

uSync is our usual weapon of choice for migrating anything database related, however the otherwise really amazing uSync does not support moving Grid Editors, it seems.

I would naturally like to avoid having to manually 'create them again' on staging, since they eventually will need be pushed to live/production, and then we'll have the issue again.

So - any suggestions regarding what would be the best approach to copying Grid Editors between environments - in this case, LeBlender Grid Editors - on an Umbraco 7.2.8? Any constructive input will be valuable.

Thank you in advance! :)

Best,

Tom

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 09, 2022 @ 10:53
    Kevin Jump

Hi Tom,

Its been a while since i've looked but i think Leblender grid editors are stored on disk ?

i think its either in /config/grid.editors.config.js or in a file in app_plugins/LeBlender

I am not 100% sure, but don't think they are in the DB.

• Tom Brian Stegmann 20 posts 135 karma points
    Apr 09, 2022 @ 12:43
    Tom Brian Stegmann

Hi Kevin,

Aha - thank you for your input! 🙂

I simply assumed that they were stored in the database, but I'll definitely look into your suggestion. That would simplify matters significantly in terms of migrating between environments.

Have a great weekend!

Best, Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft