Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    Apr 14, 2022 @ 23:28
    Bobi

Umbraco Forms Migrating forms from local to production

How do I migrate created forms from the local to the production server. Umbraco forms that were created on a local sql server have not transferred over to the azure sql database. I am not sure why. Using Ymbraco forms most recent release for umbraco 8.18.0.

Sql data was transferred to azure successfully using Microsoft data migration assistant.

I am getting the following error:

Unable to get Form with ID: 'NODE ID' off disk or from the cache. Check the file exists on disk

• Mehmet Avcı 55 posts 240 karma points
    Apr 15, 2022 @ 09:20
    Mehmet Avcı

Hi,

Forms are stored in App_Data/UmbracoForms folder. You might want to transfer them.

If you want to move definitions to db, please check this link. https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Forms-in-the-Database/index-v8

Regards, Mehmet

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    Apr 15, 2022 @ 14:30
    Bobi

Also, what is recommended: storing in the database or not?

• Mehmet Avcı 55 posts 240 karma points
    Apr 18, 2022 @ 10:19
    Mehmet Avcı

If you are running on a single environment, you can keep it in folders. I prefer having them on db, as most of our projects uses staging/prod and content transfers between them.

• Angel 50 posts 106 karma points
    May 27, 2022 @ 16:42
    Angel

If forms have been set to store in DB, and they have been developed on a lower environment (local), what is the best way/best practice to migrate the form to another environment (PROD for example)?

Any suggestions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft