Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Colin Wiseman 47 posts 178 karma points
    Apr 15, 2022 @ 09:49
    Colin Wiseman

Umbraco defaults to File for webp image format

Our client uses:

Umbraco version 7.15.3 assembly: 1.0.7180.24662

and we've installed ImageProcessor for Webp which works a treat. But Umbraco defaults to File when uploading webp images in the media section. This therefore doesn't add cropsets to the database and ImageProcessor then defaults to mode=pad which isn't great.

How do tell Umbraco that webp is an image format? Client doesn't want to upload webp images manually...

• Mehmet Avcı 55 posts 240 karma points
    Apr 15, 2022 @ 10:00
    Mehmet Avcı

Hi Colin,

You need to update image configuration starting from umbracoSettings.config. You can also find some directives here under imaging section.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/config/umbracosettings/

Hope this helps.

Mehmet

Apr 15, 2022 @ 10:08
    Colin Wiseman

That looks like it applies to version 8 only. I cannot find that or an image settings in 7.5.13.

Apr 15, 2022 @ 10:14
    Colin Wiseman

Oooh looks like I can add that. Let me test. Thanks for pointing me to that (why is that not in UmbracoSettings as default and not hardcoded as a default!!)

Apr 15, 2022 @ 10:21
    Colin Wiseman
    <imaging>
          <!-- what file extension that should cause umbraco to create thumbnails -->
          <imageFileTypes>jpeg,jpg,gif,bmp,png,tiff,tif,webp</imageFileTypes>            
        </imaging>

Adding this to umbracoSettings.config in the <content /> section allows us to manage thumbnails. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft