Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Jarl 22 posts 115 karma points
    Apr 22, 2022 @ 07:23
    Roger Jarl

When I add an Image Cropper to an element I get this error message:

"Property 'Image' uses editor 'Umbraco.ImageCropper' which is not supported in blocks."

Is there a workaround? Will this be implemented in future versions?

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 23, 2022 @ 03:59
    Paul Seal

Hi

I wouldn’t normally add an image cropper property to a content item. I would use a Media Picker. This is because the Image Cropper is a property on the media item. It is how you can set the focal point and you see the crops next to it.

I’m curious to why you want to add an Image Cropper property to a block though.

Kind regards

Paul

Apr 25, 2022 @ 10:44
    Roger Jarl

Thanks for your response, Paul. I have a block for making a Bootstrap card. The block has properties URL picker for making the whole card a clickable link, media picker for top image and richtext editor for text.

An editor uploaded an image with its height larger than its width, which made the persons head on the image disappear. So that's why I want the editor to be able to change the focal point.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 25, 2022 @ 12:03
    Søren Kottal

Hi Roger

The media picker can do the same.

The image cropper needs a node (content, media, member etc.) in order to attach the uploaded image to, which is why it is not supported in blocks, as they are not nodes.

Apr 25, 2022 @ 12:19
    Roger Jarl

Thank you Søren. I have tried to enable the focal point on the media picker, but no setting becomes visible in content.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft