Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    Apr 26, 2022 @ 22:24
    Bobi

Umbraco Forms Submit message not appearing

Hi,

In umbraco forms, the submit message is not appearing regularly on a newly created site using the most recent version of umbraco forms for umbraco 8.18.0 (Umbraco forms is running on the sql database). When a form submission is made the page just reloads presenting the user with a new form. The message is sent, but the page just reloads and a blank form appears.

I noticed that this happens after implementing a server firewall. When the firewall is turned off the thank you sent message appears properly, although it persists indefinitely on the user's browser of that page (i.e., contact us page) until cookies and cache are cleared.

Are there any settings I can change to help this work consistently to ensure the submit message appears when the firewall is up, or is this an issue?

Also, is it normal behaviour for the submit message to persist on the same page until cache and cookies are removed from the browser?

• Bobi 346 posts 950 karma points
    Apr 28, 2022 @ 23:00
    Bobi

The solution for this is when you are using firewalls on top of the web app service, ensure that you carve out the contact page from caching or else it does weird things after a user submits the form.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft