Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• DL 8 posts 98 karma points
    Apr 27, 2022 @ 07:24
    DL

Local solution slow with git

Hello,

I have a question about Umbraco cloud and local deployment with git. Currently we use Umbraco 9.0 with Umbraco cloud and when i am on my local solution, it is always really slow to fetch, pull or push changes from git. (Takes up to 5 minutes each request).

The strange thing is when my coworkers are on their local solution , they do not have to wait as long for their solution to complete any of the git requests. Has anyone experienced this before or have any idea why my solution is much slower, when it comes to git requests?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 27, 2022 @ 08:41
    Sebastiaan Janssen

That won't have anything to do with Umbraco, I assume it's some kind of git configuration that's off for you.

There's plenty of tips here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22040246/git-pull-is-very-slow-why

Apr 28, 2022 @ 07:34
    DL

Thanks for the answer.

I tried some of the tips and by deleting the local solution and reclone it, it reduced the time to 1 ½ minute now.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Apr 28, 2022 @ 09:02
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Is that for pushing (as Nik said, that's expected) or also still for pull / fetch?

Apr 28, 2022 @ 09:27
    DL

Its for fetch and pull.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 27, 2022 @ 09:53
    Nik

I've only noticed "pushes" being slow, but that is because they trigger a deployment. I'm not sure if that is still the case with v9, but it was for v8 and earlier.

Fetches/pull's should be pretty quick.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft